Thursday 23 June 2016

So we've just been on our USA Honeymoon..

Yes, it's taken us a year to save for our honeymoon!

We've just come back from our Canada/Oregon/California road trip. Friends and family at our Wedding kindly donated money towards this trip, but it still took us just over nine months to save. America is expensive! I thought I'd make a few blog posts to help other people thinking of doing the same - the places we went, tips, illustrations, etc. It's also to help me remember it too! I've deleted myself off Facebook (it was a distraction) so this would be a good way for me to look back at the photos and what we did. 

Anyway, thought I would start off with all the souvniers we brought back!


These are the first things I bought. 

The House embroidery piece and the camera flash cubes were from Fremont Vintage Mall in Seattle, The Manatee was also from a shop in the same Fremont neighbourhood called Portage Bay Goods

The handmade 'Sundae kit' by Candy Girl was from an awesome shop in Portland. The embroidered patch was from one of the National Park visitor's centre in Oregon.


The mug and keyring was from the Crater Lake gift shop, situated just by the lodge. They had a lot of cool souvenirs to buy in there, and a big selection for kids. The Betty Cupcake pack was bought for my mum for her new kitchen. It was bought from an antiques shop in Eureka Old Town. I went to one of my favourite shops in Portland called Darling Distraction for the pin, rose card and patch.


This 50's found artwork was bought from an awesome antique shop in Eureka, called OldTown Antiques. They had a 50% sale on but my suitcase wouldn't allow me to buy anything else!


I got these cheap and personal souvenirs from the 'Musée Mécanique'. It was an old arcade museum, and had so many victorian/50's arcade machines, We got the photos from a 50's Photo Booth in the middle of the building, it was only $3. We didn't realise but as soon as you put the money in the camera starts taking the photos, so the first strip features Adam's shirt!
The frog was won from an old grabber machine. The typed sheets were actually from this really cool machine near the back of the building. It was a Star Sign machine called 'Magic Typewriter'. You moved the dial to your star sign, put the money in and it would write a description based on your sign. It was magic to watch, and each entry was different! I made a few for my friends. 


I also framed my own and hung it in my bedroom. It's a pretty bleak description of myself! It pretty much says I need to not be so angry and cynical. But thats bullcrap.




No comments:

Post a Comment