Sunday 14 June 2015

An Education




I love this film. Its beautifully shot and has a great cast list - Carey Muligan, Alfred Molina, Rosamund Pike, Emma Thompson.. the list goes on! The screenplay is by Nick Hornby, but its actually based on a memoir by Lynn Barber.



So the story is based around a very intelligent school girl in 1960's suburban London, and how her life changes after having a love interest who is nearly twice her age. Obviously, its set in the 60's, so the costume design is amazing! As soon as she gets whisked into the world of her older lover and his friends, her dress sense becomes more and more elegant. I love it.



Her new friend, Helen (played by Rosamund Pike) lets her borrow her entire wardrobe and takes her to parties, constantly feeding her cocktails and cigarettes. She looks so sophisticated, I love her style.


The set designs look amazing too, I really wanted those 60's kitchens!






I have a dress just like the one below in my wardrobe!



And then he takes her to Paris, what a lucky sod. She looks just like Audrey Hepbern in Breakfast at Tiffany's.










Oh yes, Sally Hawkins makes a lil appearance too!


This scene made me well up a bit. Custard Creams, you are the best..


I loved this scene of her singing her heart out and dreaming of Paris.



And the winner of the best roof terrace goes to..


"I'm not losing my virginity to a piece of fruit!"



Here's a lil illustration I did inspired by Carey's character. 


No comments:

Post a Comment